- Advantages of Astrology: In the right hands astrology can be very accurate, particularly with relation to the timing of events. Also, providing a definitive answers in astrology is usually possible. That is, you should always be able to get a definite ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to a question and even if the answer cannot be determined, there will be a specific reason as to why this is so. Astrology is not only a means of predicting the future, but can also provide effective remedies to adverse situations.
- Shortcomings of Astrology: Astrology may not always be suitable for ascertaining minute details, particularly if this relates to someone who is concerned with the person who is having their horoscope analysed. For example, if someone wants to know the finer details of their future spouse or if they relocate what the exact nature of the new location will be, astrology may not always be able to provide such details. Astrology is good at predicting events, but may not be able to describe the details of that event. Finding the details to an event depends on the astrologer‘s ability to analyse the meanings of the positions of the planets in a chart and a good astrologer will often employ other predictive methods such as numerology or psychic ability as a guide.
- Astrology is suitable for: Life's more serious matters. Analysing the compatibility of two people can be also quite accrately done through astrology, of course the exact birth details of both person is necessary for this.
- Advantages of Tarot Cards: Tarot cards are a well rounded form of fortune telling, it can provide accurate details for almost any future event. Unlike astrology, the exact time and place of birth of a person for a reading, but their zodiac sign is required.
- Shortcomings of Tarot Cards: Again, unlike astrology it is not necessary that the answer to a question will appear in a Tarot reading. There will be be details of future events, but jumbled thoughts can throw up jumbled readings. Making a correct reading depends entirely on how well the Tarot reader interprets the layout, in relation to the question, hence experience is very important. Also, predicting the correct timings of events requires sufficient practice.
- Tarot Cards are suitable for: Tarot card are suitable for providing accurate details about all major areas of life, even if these may be somewhat trivial.
- Advantages of Psychic Readings: You find out exactly what you want to know. Psychic readings are the quintessential form of fortune telling, where the psychic actually sees or perceives the future.
- Shortcomings of Psychic Readings: It is obvious that you are entirely reliant upon the psychics ability and honesty and as only very few people possess this rare gift, finding a reliable psychic is very difficult. Also, the details of a reading are very much open to interpretation.
- Psychic Readings are suitable for: As a psychic perceives the future, in theory almost anything can be predicted.
- Finding a suitable Psychic: Choose from our list of expert psychics and chat online about your future.
- Ancient Chinese ‘Money Cards’ have four suits:
- Coins (or cash).
- Strings of coins (which may have been misinterpreted as sticks from crude drawings).
- Myriads of strings.
- Tens of myriads. These were represented by ideograms, with numerals of 2–9 in the first three suits and numerals 1–9 in the ‘Tens of Myriads’.
- Divination is a method of structuring and processing otherwise apparently random or unconnected events into coherent information about the future. This practice is not unique to any one culture or period in time, as shown by a UK university study on African anthropology. Tarot cards and fortune telling cards are some of the many tools that allow us to practice divination in a user friendly manner, for lack of a better phrase!
The earliest cards found in Europe were theTarot. These symbolical numerical cards forming a Pack of 78 are the immediate predecessors of our own modern day playing cards. The first tarot cards were lavish hand-painted decks from the courts of the nobility. Originally the cards were called carte da trionfi (cards of the triumphs). Around 1530 (about 100 years after the origin of the cards), the word tarocchi (singular tarocco) begins to be used to distinguish them from a new game of triumphs or trumps then being played with ordinary playing cards. The word Tarot is believed to have been derived from tarotee, meaning cross, in reference to the diagonally crossed lines on the rear of the early cards. Since the 1700s tarot cards have been widely used for fortune telling and divination of the future, and it is also linked by many occult and hermetic authors to a mystical system of Hebrew Cabbala, (also Kaballah and Qabala) even ancient Egyptian spiritual beliefs. Divination of the future from the tarot deck is in fact, credited mainly to the Jewish astrologer and cabbalist, Jacque Gringonneur. Just like contemporary playing cards, the tarot deck also consists of four suits, namely Cups, Wands, Swords and Pentacles.
The oldest surviving tarot cards are three mid-15th century sets all made for members of the Visconti family, rulers of Milan. The oldest existing tarot deck was painted to celebrate a mid-15th century wedding joining the ruling Visconti and Sforza families of Milan, probably painted by Bonifacio Bembo and other miniaturists of the Ferrara school. 35 of the cards are now in the Pierpont Morgan Library, New York. Of the original cards, 35 are in the Pierpont-Morgan Library, 26 cards are at the Accademia Carrara, 13 are at the Casa Colleoni, 4 cards being lost (the Devil, the Tower, the Three of Swords, and the Knight of Coins). This "Visconti-Sforza" deck, which has been widely reproduced in varying quality, combines the Minor Arcana (the original suits of (Swords, Wands, Pentacles & Cups, and face cards King, Queen, Knave and Page) with Major Arcana that apparently combine already traditional iconography with considerable artistic license, a sign that the original significance of the designs was already lost. More simply-drawn decks survive from Marseilles, France, from the early 16th century.POWER FORTUNES cards unique and why haven't I heard about them before? Well simply put, their uniqueness lies in their ancestry and antiquity. This method of card reading has descended directly from the tarot deck. They have stood the test of time, which is why they are available today. However, in ancient times ordinary numerical cards were used for this method of card reading. As any one card can have upto eight different meanings, depending on it's position, deciphering readings was a difficult and tedious business. Thus they remained the preserve of only accomplished cartomancers. But with the POWER FORTUNES' Pack, not only does each card have all it's different meanings printed on the card face, but each card also has pictorial descriptions. Along with the use of simple and effective layouts, the cards become well suited to those untrained in the art of cartomancy. In fact, it would be fair to say that they are as accurate, but easier to read than other types of more expensive fortune telling cards. So for the first time, ordinary people, not possessing skills in Fortune Telling or cartomancy can benefit from their predictions.Another important difference between these Fortune Telling Cards and the Tarot Deck is that tarot cards rely heavily on the reader's intuitive powers, for accurate readings. A tarot reader has to have the ability to interpret what he, or she feels the cards are trying to convey. This has two disadvantages. One, such skills are not acquired overnight. This requires a great deal of practice and a certain degree of talent, to achieve the desired results. Two, it is very difficult for a tarot card reader to objectively divine their own future from the cards. Both these problems are eliminated when one uses these Fortune Telling Cards, as their meanings are pre-defined and therefore, they do not rely on the user's intuitive powers. Check out the Flash Demo, to see how they work.