A good luck charm can be defined as,
- "An object, which upon possession delivers a positive influence to the fortunes of a person, or set of persons."
The answer to this question is not quite so simple, as one must have a clearer understanding of the nature of the charm in question and how one wants that charm to work.
- Some lucky objects, such as Vedic Talismans are able to bring good luck as a result of a combination of this positive spiritual energy, produced from their physical form, the spiritual energy imparted in them during their consecration and through the faith that is placed in them by those who possess them. The workings and beliefs behind Vedic Talismans have been described in detail on our 'About Yantras' webpage.
- Other forms of good luck charms are generally symbolical in nature and rely more on the power of suggestion. A study conducted by a British University showed that more than 30% of those who carried good luck charms felt their luck had genuinely improved! Any object could fall into this category, it could be a lucky cap, a lucky handkerchief, your favourite pair of socks, to each his own. Although there is no definitive explanation, this perhaps best explains the manner in which good luck charms work, as the common denominator, which powers both types of charms is, the faith placed in them by their users.
- A Healthy Human Being » 6,500 bovis
- Ringing of Church Bells » 11,000 bovis
- Tibetan Prayer Wheel » 14,000 bovis
- Call from an East facing Mosque » 12,000 bovis
- The Hindu Swastik » 1,000,000 bovis
- An inverted Swastik » -1,000,000 bovis
- Fire of any form/size » Infinite positive energy
The findings are shown above.
- Actions Speak
The PowerFortunes.com astrologers will provide you with a FREE astrological advice about which amulets/talismans, combination of talismans or astrological remedies will be the most beneficial for you, according to the specific details of your horoscope.
But, what you really want to know is, what are those time tested luck drawing objects that people from different parts of the world use as effective sources of good luck. A list of good luck charms that bring positive energy is given below and the meanings of these lucky charms is explained. These objects do not have any connection with black magic or sorcery and hence, can have no adverse effects:
Perhaps the most well known and universally recognised symbol of good fortune. A common question about horseshoes is, "Should a horseshoe be placed up or down?" There are conflicting views, but for the best results, placing an upright, used horseshoe at the top right corner of your front door-frame is considered to be an invitation to good luck to enter your home. That is, the open end of the horseshoe should be placed upwards. Similarly, placing a used horseshoe in a North facing, upright position inside a building brings good fortune and increases the ambient positive spiritual energy in the building. According to Vedic Astrology, a horseshoe worn by a black horse protects against the malefic effects of Saturn or 'Shani Dev'. GET Yours Now
The nut of the Rudraksh tree that can be found in parts of the Himalayas, Indonesia and Malaysia. There are 38 different types. Rudraksh beads represent Lord Shiva, part of the divine Hindu trinity. This very powerful and auspicious charm bestows spiritual powers, good health, fame and material happiness. Rudraksh beads are used for making 108 bead rosaries for chanting Mantras, so as to increase the effect and power of the Mantra. Although these rosaries are a product of the ancient Vedic period, through modern science, we now know that the figure '108' is of particular relevance, as the distance between the Earth and the Sun is approximately 108 times the Sun's diameter. The Sun's diameter is about 108 times that of the Earth's. The distance between the Earth and the Moon is approximately 108 times the Moon's diameter. It is perhaps possible that the ancient sages determined that there 108 steps between our ordinary human awareness and our inner divinity. As to how they determined the distances between these celestial bodies, with such accuracy, remains a mystery. GET Yours Now
The Vashikaran talisman, shown here increases one's powers of influence (attraction) and is a powerful love talisman, but this is not limited attracting of members of the opposite gender and is used to improve other types of relationships by giving the wearer greater powers of influence. GET Yours Now
LUCK CHARM BRACELETS.
Luck charm bracelets are very similar to lucky charm lockets. Very much in vogue nowadays, they are fashion accessories that serve a useful purpose.
GET Yours Now
Many people have found, through personal experience that butterflies are omens of good luck. It is thought that the gentle fluttering of a butterfly is a manifestation of evasive good fortune. A butterfly is a symbol of freedom and perfection in nature. Just as a butterfly is not born, but is metamorphosised into a perfectly symmetrical creature, ones ill fate can be transformed into good fortune. Butterflies have been associated with wandering, free souls in many different cultures. The ancient Greek word for butterfly is, Psyche which means soul, while some ancient Naga tribes of North East India believe that they are descendants of butterflies. GET Yours Now
ZODIAC & NUMEROLOGICAL CHARMS.
Certain numbers such as your date of birth and compound talent number have a particular significance in your life. Maintaining numerological harmony is very important for improving your luck, hence commencing important tasks, new beginnings on numerologically compatible dates and avoiding adverse ones, is essential for successful results in all spheres of life. Similarly, acquiring a charm for a favourable number or one which represents your zodiac sign can be very rewarding. GET Yours Now
The nut of the Oak tree, it is also known as oak apple. Carrying a dried Acorn is believed to give the gift of youth to the wearer. It can also be used for wealth and attraction of the opposite sex.
Certain materials, such as natural crystal are thought to increase positive spiritual energy, hence a lucky charm or symbol made out of such a material will have greater powers.
GET Yours Now
In Hindu mythology, Om or AUM is believed to be the first sound to pervade through the Universe at the beginning of time. Almost all Mantras are also initiated by reciting the word 'Om'. Worshippers of this sacred symbol are blessed with luck, material comforts and spiritual powers. GET Yours Now
The sign that represents the Hindu Lord of good fortune, 'Ganesh'. 'Swastik' is a Sanskrit word that means, 'Purveyor of Good Fortune', it bestows luck and prosperity, but it must always be placed in a clock-wise direction. This symbol of luck should not be confused with the 'Nazi Swastika', which is placed at an angle and does not produce any positive energy. **FREE Swastik Lockets available!
GET Yours Now
These type of talismans are usually very effective as the are prescribed according to the specifics of one's horoscope. That is, a talisman corresponding to a favourably or unfavourably placed planet in the horoscope of the concerned person, can be acquired to either strengthen or reduce that planet's effects.
PowerFortunes.com provides free astrological advice for this purpose. GET Yours Now
The feather is an ancient charm for good luck and represents the journey of the soul to the other realm.
Three keys worn together symbolise the unlocking of the doors to health, wealth and love.
This ancient Egyptian amulet is worn as jewellery and symbolises the renewal of life.
15. SPELLS. Once you've acquired your lucky charm, charge it with magical energy, using this 'Spell'. Take the object on any day during the period between the New Moon and Full Moon and hold it in your writing hand and recite, 'Gods and Goddesses, come to me? Feel the energy build up in you and flow into the object. Visualize it make your wishes come true. Seal it with the words »
"Health I bring you,
And all for you."
"Health I bring you,
And all for you."