How Do Psychic Readings Work?
Psychic readings are solely reliant on the intuitive powers of the fortune teller. Psychic ability is a power that has to be developed through practice and is categorised as an extra-sensory ability, also known as ESP (Extra Sensory Perception). This also includes clairvoyance and precognition and involves focusing one's consciouness so that knowledge contained in the 'Universal Consciouness' can be accessed. This is why many psychic fortune tellers have to practice meditation to help elevate there levels of spiritual awareness. Discerning a genuine psychic from a fraud is the greatest limitation of this method of fortune telling.
- Advantages of Psychic Readings: You find out exactly what you want to know. Psychic readings are the quintessential form of fortune telling, where the psychic actually sees or perceives the future.
- Shortcomings of Psychic Readings: It is obvious that you are entirely reliant upon the psychics ability and honesty and as only very few people possess this rare gift, finding a reliable psychic is very difficult. Also, the details of a reading are very much open to interpretation.
- Psychic Readings are suitable for: As a psychic perceives the future, in theory almost anything can be predicted.
- Finding a suitable Psychic: Choose a psychic from our list of experts, who are available online to provide real-time predictions.
Cartomancy is the ancient method of predicting the future with cards. It is impossible to trace the prehistoric beginnings of cardlore, as divination by the cards is of great antiquity. One theory holds that Europe obtained playing cards from the East, notably India and China after the invention of paper. Indian cards have many distinctive elements, such as being round, being generally hand painted with intricate designs and comprising more than four suits (often as many as twelve).
- Ancient Chinese ‘Money Cards’ have four suits:
- Coins (or cash).
- Strings of coins (which may have been misinterpreted as sticks from crude drawings).
- Myriads of strings.
- Tens of myriads. These were represented by ideograms, with numerals of 2–9 in the first three suits and numerals 1–9 in the ‘Tens of Myriads’.
The first cards may have been actual paper currency which were both the tools of gaming and the stakes being played for. The designs on modern Mahjong tiles and dominoes likely evolved from those earliest playing cards. The Chinese word p‘ai is used to describe both paper cards and gaming tiles. Another theory separates the cards of the West entirely from those of the East and holds that Western cards originated in northern Italy early in the 15th century (1420–1440). While in medieval Holland, the Dutch invented a game called ‘Ik ben de meester van het heelal’ which means ‘I am the master of the Universe’. This was followed by the introduction of a similar Italian made a game called ‘Soro il padorone dell Universo’, which means ‘Master of the Universe‘.