- What is a horoscope?
- This is a chart that shows the position of the nine planets used in Vedic astrology, at a specific point in time, at a specific location, such as the horoscope chart shown below. This shows today’s horoscope, cast a 12:00PM, at our location in Nahan, India:
Horoscope cast at,
12:00 PM IST(06:30 GMT), at Nahan, India, on Sat, March 25th, 2017
- Very. The positions of the planets in a horoscope chart change with time. Although in some cases, the positions of the planets may not radically change within a 30 minute time period, the strengths of the planets does. But more importantly, the transits that we use to predict your future will change substantially with a small variation in time. Therefore, the accuracy of your time of birth can affect the accuracy of your predictions, particularly in the respect of short-term predictions.
- Normally, a time that is accurate to within +/-5 minutes will allow us to make accurate predictions. If you not aware of your time, you can have a ‘Horary’ reading carried out. This is performed on the basis of the horoscope prevalent at the exact time when you send your questions. Although this may not afford a great deal of detail, this can answer your questions about the future.
- The short answer is, your fortunes and the events in your life change as your transits change and as the position of the nine planets change. We analyse the position of the planets in relation to the twelve houses of your chart, at your time of birth, at the present time and according to the transits in your past, present and future. Names are also important in Vedic astrology, as names are also governed by zodiac signs. So, in Vedic astrology there are two zodiac signs that are taken into consideration, your birth zodiac as given in your horoscope and your name zodiac as determined from your name. It is common for people who follow Vedic astrology to name their children such that both zodiac signs are compatible.
- In order to provide an accurate prediction, we have to interpret the details of your horoscope in the context of your situation, so provide a brief background to your question, with only information that is relevant to your question. For more details refer to our tips for astrology readings.