The following FAQs is important information that will give you a better understanding of how to get the best out of an astrology reading.
- What is a horoscope?
- This is a chart that shows the position of the nine planets used in Vedic astrology, at a specific point in time, at a specific location, such as the horoscope chart shown below. This shows today’s horoscope, cast a 12:00PM, at our location in Nahan, India:
Horoscope cast at,
12:00 PM IST(06:30 GMT), at Nahan, India, on Wed, October 18th, 2017
- This chart has twelve houses in which these nine planets align themselves. Each house governs a different area of your life and there are twelve zodiac signs that occupy each house. There are detailed explanations of the relationships between these different pieces of the puzzle on other pages on PowerFortunes.com, see our astrology section. In the context of your predictions, it will suffice to say that we will cast a horoscope chart that shows the position of the planets, as they were at the exact time and place of your birth. From this we will know where the strengths and position of these nine planets and how each planets influences your chart.
- How important is time?
- Very. The positions of the planets in a horoscope chart change with time. Although in some cases, the positions of the planets may not radically change within a 30 minute time period, the strengths of the planets does. But more importantly, the transits that we use to predict your future will change substantially with a small variation in time. Therefore, the accuracy of your time of birth can affect the accuracy of your predictions, particularly in the respect of short-term predictions.
- What if I don’t know my exact time?
- Normally, a time that is accurate to within +/-5 minutes will allow us to make accurate predictions. If you not aware of your time, you can have a ‘Horary’ reading carried out. This is performed on the basis of the horoscope prevalent at the exact time when you send your questions. Although this may not afford a great deal of detail, this can answer your questions about the future.
- How are predictions made?
- The short answer is, your fortunes and the events in your life change as your transits change and as the position of the nine planets change. We analyse the position of the planets in relation to the twelve houses of your chart, at your time of birth, at the present time and according to the transits in your past, present and future. Names are also important in Vedic astrology, as names are also governed by zodiac signs. So, in Vedic astrology there are two zodiac signs that are taken into consideration, your birth zodiac as given in your horoscope and your name zodiac as determined from your name. It is common for people who follow Vedic astrology to name their children such that both zodiac signs are compatible.
- How much information do I provide in my questions?
- In order to provide an accurate prediction, we have to interpret the details of your horoscope in the context of your situation, so provide a brief background to your question, with only information that is relevant to your question. For more details refer to our tips for astrology readings.